We may make changes to this Agreement and to the App from time to time. We may do this for a variety of reasons including to reflect changes in or requirements of the law, new features, or changes in business practices. The most recent version of this Agreement will be posted on the App under Settings and also on forawalk.gr and you should regularly check for the most recent version. The most recent version is the version that applies. If the changes include material changes that affect your rights or obligations, we will notify you in advance of the changes by reasonable means, which could include notification through the App or via email. If you continue to use the App after the changes become effective, then you agree to the revised Agreement.
You must be at least 18 years of age to create an account on forawalk and use the App. By creating an account and using the App, you represent and warrant that:
- you can form a binding contract with forawalk
- you will comply with this Agreement and all applicable local, national and international laws, rules and regulations, and
- you have never been convicted of a felony and that you are not required to register as a sex offender with any international, national or local sex offender registry.
- Your Account
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login credentials you use to sign up for forawalk, and you are solely responsible for all activities that occur under those credentials. If you think someone has gained access to your account, please immediately contact email@example.com.
- Modifying the Services and Termination
forawalk is always striving to improve the App and bring you additional functionality that you will find engaging and useful. This means we may add new product features or enhancements from time to time as well as remove some features, and if these actions do not materially affect your rights or obligations, we may not provide you with notice before taking them. We may even suspend the App entirely, in which event we will notify you in advance unless extenuating circumstances, such as safety or security concerns, prevent us from doing so.
You may terminate your account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions in “Settings” in the App. forawalk may terminate your account at any time without notice if it believes that you have violated this Agreement. After your account is terminated, this Agreement will terminate, except that the following provisions will still apply to you and forawalk: Section 4, Section 5 and Sections 11 through 16.
- Safety – Your Interactions with Other Users
Though forawalk strives to encourage a respectful user experience through features like the double opt-in that only allows users to communicate after an invitation has been sent and received between users or the proximity chat between users that are “active”, it is not responsible for the conduct of any user on or off of the App. You agree to use caution in all interactions with other users, particularly if you decide to communicate off the App or meet in person. You should not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information), or wire or otherwise send money to other users.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT FORAWALK DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS USERS OR OTHERWISE INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUND OF ITS USERS. FORAWALK MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS. FORAWALK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT ANY CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS (SUCH AS SEX OFFENDER REGISTER SEARCHES) AT ANY TIME USING AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS.
- Rights forawalk Grants You
forawalk grants you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, nonexclusive, revocable, and non-sub-licensable license to access and use the App. This license is for the sole purpose of letting you use and enjoy the App’s benefits as intended by forawalk and permitted by this Agreement. Therefore, you agree not to:
- use the App or any content contained in the App for any commercial purposes without our written consent.
- copy, modify, transmit, create any derivative works from, make use of, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, images, trademarks, trade names, service marks, or other intellectual property, content or proprietary information accessible through the App without forawalk’s prior written consent.
- express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by forawalk.
- use any robot, bot, spider, crawler, scraper, site search/retrieval application, proxy or other manual or automatic device, method or process to access, retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the App or its contents.
- use the App in any way that could interfere with, disrupt or negatively affect the App or the servers or networks connected to the App.
- upload viruses or other malicious code or otherwise compromise the security of the App.
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted to or through the App.
- “frame” or “mirror” any part of the App without forawalk’s prior written authorization.
- use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to forawalk or the App (or any trademark, trade name, service mark, logo or slogan of forawalk) to direct any person to any other website for any purpose.
- modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the App or cause others to do so.
- use or develop any third-party applications that interact with the App or other users’ Content or information without our written consent.
- use, access, or publish the forawalk application programming interface without our written consent.
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our App or any system or network.
- encourage or promote any activity that violates this Agreement.
The Company may investigate and take any available legal action in response to illegal and/ or unauthorized uses of the App, including termination of your account.
Any software that we provide you may automatically download and install upgrades, updates, or other new features. You may be able to adjust these automatic downloads through your device’s settings.
- Rights you Grant forawalk
By creating an account, you grant to forawalk a worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, right and license to host, store, use, copy, display, reproduce, adapt, edit, publish, modify and distribute information you authorize us to access from Facebook, as well as any information you post, upload, display or otherwise make available (collectively, “post”) on the App or transmit to other users (collectively, “Content”). Our license to your Content is subject to your rights under applicable law (for example laws regarding personal data protection to the extent any Content contains personal information as defined by those laws) and is for the limited purpose of operating, developing, providing, and improving the App and researching and developing new ones. You agree that any Content you place or that you authorize us to place on the App may be viewed by other users and may be viewed by any person visiting or participating in the App (such as individuals who may receive shared Content from other Forawalk users).
You agree that all information that you submit upon creation of your account, including information submitted from your Facebook account, is accurate and truthful and you have the right to post the Content on the App and grant the license to forawalk above.
You understand and agree that we may monitor or review any Content you post as part of the App. We may delete any Content, in whole or in part, that in our sole judgment violates this Agreement or may harm the reputation of the App.
When communicating with our customer care representatives, you agree to be respectful and kind. If we feel that your behavior towards any of our customer care representatives or other employees is at any time threatening or offensive, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account.
In consideration for forawalk allowing you to use the App, you agree that we, our affiliates, and our third-party partners may place advertising on the App. By submitting suggestions or feedback to forawalk regarding our App, you agree that forawalk may use and share such feedback for any purpose without compensating you.
You agree that forawalk may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary, such as to: a) comply with legal process, b) enforce this Agreement c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties d) respond to your requests for customer service or e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Company or any other person.
- Community Rules
By using the App, you agree that you will not:
- use the App for any purpose that is illegal or prohibited by this Agreement.
- spam, solicit money from or defraud any users.
- impersonate any person or entity or post any images of another person without his or her permission.
- bully, “stalk,” intimidate, harass or defame any person.
- post any Content that violates or infringes anyone’s rights, including rights of publicity, privacy, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or contract right.
- post any Content that is hate speech, threatening, sexually explicit or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- solicit passwords for any purpose, or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users or disseminate another person’s personal information without his or her permission.
- use another user’s account.
- create another account if we have already terminated your account, unless you have our permission.
forawalk reserves the right to investigate and/or terminate your account if you have misused the App or behaved in a way that forawalk regards as inappropriate or unlawful, including actions or communications that occur off the App but involve users you meet through the App.
- Other Users’ Content
Although forawalk reserves the right to review and remove Content that violates this Agreement, such Content is the sole responsibility of the user who posts it, and forawalk cannot guarantee that all Content will comply with this Agreement. If you see Content on the App that violates this Agreement, please report it within the App or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the App in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the App (and such description must be reasonably sufficient to enable us to find the alleged infringing material);
- your contact information, including address, telephone number and email address;
- a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Notice of claims of copyright infringement should be provided to the Company at email@example.com. forawalk will terminate the accounts of repeat infringers.
FORAWALK PROVIDES THE SERVICE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ALL CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. FORAWALK DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT A) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, B) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED OR C) THAT ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU OBTAIN ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE.
FORAWALK TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONTENT THAT YOU OR ANOTHER USER OR THIRD PARTY POSTS, SENDS OR RECEIVES THROUGH THE SERVICES. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
- Third Party Services
The App may contain advertisements and promotions offered by third parties and links to other web sites or resources. forawalk is not responsible for the availability (or lack of availability) of such external websites or resources. If you choose to interact with the third parties made available through our App, such party’s terms will govern their relationship with you. forawalk is not responsible or liable for such third parties’ terms or actions.
- Intellectual property
You agree that all copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights relating to the App are owned by forawalk or its licensors.
- Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL FORAWALK, ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM: A) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE APP, B) THE CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES ON, THROUGH, OR FOLLOWING USE OF THE APP OR C) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT, EVEN IF FORAWALK HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL FORAWALK’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE APP EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO FORAWALK FOR THE APP WHILE YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Indemnity by You
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Greece. You agree, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to indemnify, defend and hold harmless forawalk, our affiliates and their and our respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from and against any and all complaints, demands, claims, damages, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses, including attorney’s fees, due to, arising out of, or relating in any way to your access to or use of the App, your Content, or your breach of this Agreement.
- Entire Agreement – Other
Last updated on 26th of June 2017.